Parts, tools and supplies for the electronics experimenter.
The TSSP4038 is a compact IR receiver for sensor applications. It is the ideal device for building fast proximity sensors and object detectors for robotics, toys, and security systems. It is matched here with the Vishay TSAL6400, a high power IR emitter.
The TSSP4038 has many features that help simplify designs and overcome the technical challenges of implementing these types of systems. It has a high gain for IR signals at 38 kHz. The detection level does not change when ambient light or strong IR signals are applied. It can receive continuous 38 kHz signals or 38 kHz bursts.
• Low supply current
• Photo detector and preamplifier in one package
• Internal filter for 38 kHz IR signals
• Shielding against EMI
• Supply voltage: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
• Visible light is suppressed by IR filter
• Insensitive to supply voltage ripple and noise